|Cosmic Stove Top Seafood Boil|
Recipe type: Entree, Appetiser, Main Dish
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
This is an EASY way to do a small amount of seafood on the stove top…no need to get out the big boiling pot or wait ’til a special occassion!
- 2 stalks Celery, cut in thirds
- 3 small Onion, cut in half
- 4-6 cloves Garlic
- 3 small Boiling Potatoes, halved
- 4 small ears of corn
- 1/2 Lemon squeezed and then dropped into mix
- 12 – 16 ounces favorite smoked sausage OR 1/4 cup Olive Oil for a healthier version
- 1 tsp of favorite Hot Sauce
- 1 heaping Tbs Cosmic Cajun Universal Seasoning per 6 cups of water
- optional: 1 tsp Kosher or Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 – 2 lbs large (20-25 count) raw Shrimp, shell on
- Have standing by cold water or ice
- Put seasonings into water in a deep 10′ saute pan with cover.
- Bring the pot to a boil. Then add to pot the potatoes, corn, onions, garlic and sausage.
- Bring back to a boil and cook at a low roll for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the seafood and return to boil. Check to make sure potatoes are almost cooked.
- When back at boiling point, remove from heat and cover pot.
- Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- If shrimp are properly cooked (pink and easy to peel), then add cold water or ice to stop cooking process and recover for another 5 minutes of soaking time. Cold water also will make the warmer seafood absorb more seasoning.
- Drain and serve.
cook time will depend on amount of time to bring water to boil;
servings will depend on whether served as appetiser or entree.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe