|Uncle Paul’s Breakfast Casserole|
Recipe type: Breakfast, Casserole
Prep time: 25 mins
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 25 mins
Looking for a fabulous breakfast alternative to pancakes and eggs for your troupe? This delectable breakfast concoction is just the ticket. You’ll be a real hero when you make this for your family on a lazy Sunday morning.
- 1lb. bacon
- 1 lb. sausage
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 lb. bag of shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 c. shredded cheese (your choice)
- 1 tsp. Cosmic Cajun Universal Seasoning
- Chopped onions, green peppers, mushrooms, etc (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from heat and place on paper towels to drain.
- Add sausage to the frying pan and cook until crumbled. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Chop bacon and sausage into small pieces.
- If you are including vegetables, dice vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Using some of the bacon/sausage fat in the fry pan, sauté veg over medium-high heat until soft.
- Pour hashbrowns into a large mixing bowl.
- Add 1 c. of the shredded cheese, meats, veggies, Cosmic Cajun Universal Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and put into a large baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs. Add evaporated milk and whip well.
- Pour the egg mixture over the hasbrown mixture. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve with a triumphant, “Ta-da!”
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe